to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) No. 2016/679 (“GDPR”)
Fiere Internazionali di Bologna - BolognaFiere S.p.A. (hereinafter also called “BolognaFiere”) and Informa Markets India Pvt Ltd, a division of Informa PLC (hereinafter also called the “Companies” or the “Joint Controllers”) hereby inform you that the personal data voluntarily submitted by you will be processed in compliance with the current legal provisions governing the protection of personal data and, in any event, in accordance with the confidentiality principles followed by the Companies in their operations.
1. Categories of processed data The Companies shall process the following categories of data submitted by you:
a) Personal data: first name, family name, date of birth;
b) Contact data: home or professional address and contact details (telephone number and email address);
c) Bank and/or payment details;
d) Data regarding your professional position.
2. Purposes of data processing
In relation to the data processing, BolognaFiere and Informa Markets are Joint Controllers under art. 26 of the GDPR.
The personal data made available to BolognaFiere and Informa Markets may be used for the following purposes:
b) to comply with the legal obligations incumbent upon the Companies, including for administrative and accounting purposes;
c) the publication of data on your company in the catalog, on the website, and on the present exhibition Guide Map, in press releases, mail and promo mail communications related to the same exhibition (including any activities necessary for managing the on-line and off-line publication);
d) to manage and organize events and meetings, including promotional initiatives, as well as personalized meetings, with other trade professionals, making your data available to them (including the management and organization of the meetings through the MyMatch platform);
e) the preparation of studies and statistical and market research;
f) to carry out promotional activities and send marketing communications on products and services of the Companies, their affiliates and joint venture partners, that are also exhibition organisers, via postal service, telephone, SMS, e-mail – including newsletter and direct mail – or other distance communication means;
g) to communicate personal data to third parties – that are companies of the BolognaFiere Group or the Informa Markets Group, or Companies’ partners involved in the organization of the present exhibition, which are also exhibition organisers – so that they can autonomously carry out direct marketing initiatives on their own products and services;
h) to send marketing communications related to products or services similar to the ones you already brought (so-called “soft spamming”), subject to your right to object at any time to such processing.
The processing of the data for the purpose sub (a) does not require your consent as the processing is necessary for the performance of the contracts of which you are a part or for the adoption of pre-contractual measures adopted upon your request, pursuant to article 6, para. 1, b) of the GDPR. The processing of data for the purpose sub (b) does not require your consent as it is necessary to fulfil the legal obligations to which the Companies are bound, pursuant to article 6, para. 1, c) of the GDPR.
The processing of the data for the purpose sub (c) does not require your consent, as the processing is necessary for the performance of the contracts of which you are a part and to pursue the Companies’ legitimate interest, pursuant to article 6, para. 1, b) and f) of the GDPR.
The processing of data for the purposes sub (d) (e), (f) and (g) requires your consent pursuant to art. 6, para. 1, a) of the GDPR.
The processing of the data for the purpose sub (h) does not require your consent, as the processing is necessary to pursue the Companies’ legitimate interest, pursuant to article 6, para. 1, f) of the GDPR.
3. Provision of data and consequences for its refusal
The provision of the aforesaid data is voluntary and will in no way result in a change in prices and/or rates; however, refusal to provide them and/or providing incorrect and/or incomplete data may make it impossible to:
(i) institute and/or ensure the proper, timely performance of the contractual relationship and fulfill the legal, fiscal and administrative requirements essential or related to and/or useful to the purposes of establishing and conducting the contractual relationship (including activities necessary for the ordinary organization and management of the exhibition);
(ii) publish data on your company in the catalog, on the website, on the present exhibition Guide Map, in any press releases, mail and promo mail communications related to the same exhibition;
(iii) organize and manage events and meetings, contact you and/or deliver informative and promotional messages, of a commercial or other nature, advertising material and/or offers of goods and services;
(iv) communicate your data to third parties for the performance of their own direct marketing activites.
Providing personal data is mandatory, however, in cases expressly required by law and/or accounting and administrative regulations, and in that case failure to provide the personal data will make it impossible for the Companies to fulfill the corresponding legal, administrative and/or accounting obligations.
4. Personal data recipients or categories of recipients
Your personal data may be disclosed to shareholders, members of the Board of Directors or other administrative bodies, the Data Protection Officer, external data processors, employees or collaborators appointed as persons authorized to process by the Companies in the exercise of their functions.
Your personal data may be communicated to any persons providing the Companies with services necessary to meet the purposes described above, such as, by way of example, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint venture partners; subjects, bodies and/or companies that manage and/or participate in the management and/or maintenance of websites and electronic and/or telematic instruments used by the Companies, journalists and newspapers, companies that provide the services necessary for the organization and management of the exhibition and related events, consultants, law firms, banks, service providers in market research, marketing and communication matters.
Subject to your consent, the data may be disclosed to third parties, such as companies of the BolognaFiere Group or the Informa Markets Group, or partners involved in the organisation of the present exhibition, for their own marketing purposes.
5. Transfer of data to third countries.
Your personal data may be communicated and/or transferred abroad, according with the applicable regulations, also in countries outside the European Union such as India and, in any case, whenever the recipients listed in the previous clause are located therein. In all such cases, the transfer is necessary for the performance of the agreement between you and the Companies or to take steps at your request prior to entering into the agreement, or to exercise or defend a legal claim (article 49 of the GDPR); in general, it is carried out consistently with an adequacy decision adopted by the European Commission (article 45 of the GDPR) or consistently with standard contractual clauses or other appropriate safeguards pursuant to 46 of the GDPR (appropriate safeguards). In the event that no adequacy decision has been adopted by the European Commission, and that no other safeguards laid down by the GDPR apply, the communication and/or transfer of data outside the European Union will be subject to your consent, after having been informed that the country in question does not provide an adequate level of protection. You can obtain more information about this by writing to the e-mail address indicated in paragraph 9.
6. Period of the processing
Your personal data shall be processed only for the time necessary to achieve the purposes of the processing activities, and the personal data shall be stored for a maximum period of time equal to the statute of limitation of the rights, as applicable from time to time. In the case of processing for marketing purposes, the data shall be stored for a maximum period of 24 months.
7. Rights of the data subject
We hereby confirm that you are entitled at any time to exercise the rights regarding your personal data within the limits and in accordance with the conditions indicated in Articles 7, and 15-22, of the GDPR, and in particular:
- to obtain confirmation as to whether or not data are being processed;
- if data are being processed, to obtain access to the personal data and to the information relating to the processing as well as to request a copy thereof;
- to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- if any of the conditions under Article 17 of the GDPR exists, to obtain the erasure of the personal data;
- in the cases provided for by Article 18 of the GDPR, to obtain restriction of processing;
- in the cases provided for by Article 20 of the GDPR, to receive the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit them to another controller, where technically feasible;
- to object at any time to the processing of personal data carried out to pursue the legitimate interests of the Companies. In case of objection, personal data shall no longer be processed, unless there are legitimate grounds for processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or when required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to object at any time to the processing of personal data carried out for marketing purposes, by sending an e-mail to the contacts below; the objection exercised through such means extends to commercial communication by postal service or call center operators, without prejudice to the possibility to exercise said right in part, objecting by way of example only to processing by means of automated communications systems;
- to withdraw at any time the consent already given, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given prior to the withdrawal;
- to lodge a complaint with the lead data protection authority which is, for Italy, the Italian Data Protection Authority.
8. Data Controllers, data Processors and Data Protection Officer
The Joint Controllers are:
– Fiere Internazionali di Bologna - BolognaFiere S.p.A., in the person of its pro tempore President, with its headquarters in Bologna, Italy, Viale della Fiera No. 20. The updated list of data processors is available at BolognaFiere headquarters, or may be requested by email at: email@example.com. The Data Protection Officer may be contacted at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Informa Markets, a division of Informa PLC, in the person of its pro tempore President, with its headquarters in Times Square, Unit No.1 & 2, B Wing, 5th Floor, Andheri-Kurla Road, Marol, Andheri (E), Mumbai 400059.
The updated list of data processors is available at UBM headquarters or may be requested by email at email@example.com.